Registration is now closed for our 2021 CAB Masterclass
However, we can schedule a private class for your organization. Contact us to learn more.
Future-proof your CAB program
- NEWLY UPDATED in 2021, our unique hands-on CAB Masterclass introduces you to a new Virtual Advisory Board model.
- CAB leaders are amazed at the expanded value these new virtual CAB programs are delivering today!
- Learn how this new model works as an overlay to your existing CAB engagement program.
- Discover how to apply it using the tools you already have. (Hint: investing in a Virtual Event Platform is not needed.)
Updated & expanded “CAB in a Box” model for engaging virtually
Each session is designed around you. Together, we’ll apply CAB best practices to your business and your specific interests.
Join me to learn how to apply the latest CAB strategies for . . .
Capturing value and guidance from your best customers
Gathering customer feedback that will align your leadership team
Identifying new business opportunities
Discovering synergies between you and your best customers
Registration closed: 2021 CAB Masterclass
What people are saying about the CAB Masterclass
Time well spent
Mike delivered an awesome CAB Masterclass! It helped us frame the key elements, objectives, and approaches to ensure success.
– Rich, CAB Sponsor, Splunk
Great CAB coach
Thank you for your guidance and direction. We followed your best practices and really captured some enlightening feedback.
– John, CAB Manager, The Trade Desk
A “CAB in a box”
Mike provided a great experience, making it easy for us to design and execute a highly productive first CAB meeting.
– Christine, Marketing, Quantum Metric
Mike’s course exceeded my expectations! His 1:1 approach provided relevant, action-oriented coaching and a ton of resources.
– Tricia, CAB Manager, Absolutenet
Expanded CAB Masterclass series includes . . .
4 LIVE ONLINE SESSIONS
Engage in 240 minutes of practical application discussions.
CAB MANUALS & WORKBOOKS
Mike’s two-volume CAB operations manual accompanies the class, plus 3 workbooks.
One hour of 1:1 time for coaching, guidance, or problem solving.
The Art of the CAB
The old CAB model centered around in-person meetings. Today, they are virtual.
World-class CAB engagements require finesse and insight in how to construct, engage, and deliver the business outcome your CXO customers expect and your leadership team demands.
What you’ll learn
- How to build a CAB virtual engagement model
- How to differentiate your CAB from your competitors’
- Secrets for recruiting CXO customers
- Rules for building the best agenda & content
- Lessons on expert facilitation & virtual moderation
- How to keep your CAB members engaged between meetings
- When to set up a CAB alumni program
- and much more!
Receive feedback & coaching on your program, as you apply best practices to your agenda, recruitment strategy, and execution plan.
It’s all about you! Via a pre-class assignment and survey, you’ll shape the agenda so each lesson is relevant to you.
Lessons & Guidance
A practical agenda designed around you
Whether you just concluded a CAB meeting, or you are planning your first or next one, this masterclass offers an opportunity to improve. Together, we shape the agenda of each session so the material is relevant to you! Sessions are practical and action-oriented. Class size is limited to allow for personal exploration and learning.
Session 1: Getting Started & Setting Expectations
In 2020, all CABs went virtual. I’ll show you how other companies are using their CABs to strengthen relationships throughout the year. And, you’ll also learn how to apply best practices for a virtual engagement right now.
Session 2: Going Virtual & planning for hybrid
How do you turn a full-day in-person meeting into a 6-month CAB engagement program using virtual engagement techniques? I’ll share several engagement models centered on using the virtual tools you already have (Zoom, podcasts, Slack, etc).
Session 3: Agenda and Content Prep
World-class CABs require finesse in their creation and execution. We analyze effective and non-effective agendas, formats, presentation styles, and facilitation best practices. We can also explore advanced engagement options (for more advanced CAB practitioners).
Session 4: Invitation and Interview Strategies
There is a secret to inviting CXO customers to join your CAB program, and there are many traps that get in the way. I’ll guide you step by step in the process of inviting and interviewing your C-level customers.
Plus a personalized 1:1 session
The value you receive extends beyond the live online classes. This CAB Masterclass includes a 1:1 session that you can schedule anytime within the year. Use it to fine tune your program, dry run your agenda, or conduct a postmortem.
- Discover how to keep your CAB program going during times of uncertainty
- Learn from an experienced CAB leader
- Receive constructive feedback and recommendations on your CAB program, including how to go virtual
- Get answers to your CAB questions
- Drive yourself to the next level of CAB expertise